View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 08:43 PM

Default Re: The Engineer is yellow...

[ QUOTE ]
I hope the Engineer doesn't get hung up on this and even if he disagrees with the demand, views it as worth complying with in order to help continue advance the work of the PPA as he has so ably done in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

[ QUOTE ]
Now I have something to say to the rest of you professing outrage. You are the ones who by your refusal to take seriously important problems with the PPA (which admittedly are getting better though after two years of misteps and failure) who are hurting the cause we have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who really is "we."

You seem to understand that 2+2 has the right of ownership of this forum, but the people who created the PPA do not have the same?

To a very large degree there have been and are problems and an attitude of "keeping the children" in the dark and spoon feding them platitudes.

But at some point we are all going to have to trust at some point! The forces that "control" the PPA are going to have to trust the general poker community to step up when asked. The general poker community is going to have to push the PPA for concrete meaningful actions to be followed. The PPA is also going to have to do a better job explaining and motivating the general community to action.

In the end realistically it is the "forces" that control the PPA if for neferious ends who risk the most, this includes 2+2 concerns and its motives. Because in the end the membership will "control" the PPA.

Fighting for "control" now because the PPA might be useful "controling" in the future is a loosing game. If it is really worth controling it will be uncontrolable.

This fight now is both worthless but potentially ends this game in Safe and Secure's favor.

I'm pretty sure the IGC, the PPA, 2+2 LLC, and the general poker community do not want that but that is where we are going.

D$D