View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 01:36 AM

Default Re: NL100\" Can We Fold This Over Pair?

I sometimes limp/reraise with AK if I think the situation's right, bc i don't want the move to always signal AA/KK to my observant opponetns.

Also, if you're a consistent button raiser, I think his limp reraising range might be a touch wider, including AQs and JJ. However, I think he would 3-bet to a much larger amount if he had these more vulnerable hands (AK AQs and JJ).

His $13 flop bet looks kind of weak, unless you think he's considering the texture of the flop and the fact that he doesn't have to bet much to make your call incorrect, given you have one of the likely hands for raising and calling a 3-bet (99-QQ and AK, AQ).

So yeah his pf limp/min raise looks like AA/KK, but his flop bet looks weak if he doesn't think about board texture relative to your range. I might make one call, and dump the hand on the turn if he makes a strong bet. If you raise his flop bet, you are putting more than 1/3 or your stack in when a reraise from the villain would surely mean AA/KK and calling the rest of your stack would be -EV.