View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Auto repairs: is there anything more painful in life?

um yeah so i hate auto repair places

about 1 month prior to leaving for school air conditioning brakes. being the cheapass that i am i get it recharged for $300 because apparently this will last a long time. it does not last a long time. i dont drive cars in the summer without AC so i spend like 800 getting the air conditioning replaced

driving from STL to pittsburgh car starts misfiring about halfway through. get it to a shop at like 5:30pm beg them to look at it. they charge me 3 hundo and replace the spark plugs.

still running like [censored] but they guarantee it will get me to pittsburgh. car is [censored] itself after 200 more miles. park it, let it sit until monday, get it to a jeep dealer.

jeep dealer has no [censored] clue whats wrong with it. they spend a day or two checking stuff out (the check engine light was on). about 2-3 days later they call me and say they suspect something is wrong with some belt inside the engine. ship them $2000 dollars and change.

so anyway god knows how long later i get my car back and it seems fine. next morning i go to drive it and the power steering fluid is all over the ground. i drive a JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE ( DO NOT BUY THIS CAR ) like 5 miles through the city (narrow streets) with no power steering.

guy recognizes me and decides that its not appropriate to charge me for labor so they only charge me $100 more to replace some valve, and they refill the fluid.

all in all over $3000 in repairs in like 3 months on a 15,000 car.