View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Trip report: Toronto day 1

Later that day, we met up with a couple of Stars MSNL regulars, Adam and Rod, for dinner. We went to some sushi restaurant and made fun of how Canadians call bathrooms "washrooms" amongst other things that are different in the USA*. At some point we were talking about Halloween and theBruiser genuinely asked if Canadians have trick-or-treating. Response was "Yes, we also have Christmas."

Day 2 (not sure if I'm remembering correctly): Bruiser coached me for a bit and I started reading his poker book. Later that night we went to go watch a movie. He had never seen Superbad and heard there was a character that looked like him, so we watched that. When he saw Fogel/McLovin, he said, "that looks exactly like me!!"

*one thing I like about Toronto are the trolleys that Canadians call street cars. I rode one and it's pretty efficient for public transportation. But if they call them street cars, what do they call cars on the street?

Also, I heard you have to go to The Beer Store to buy beer and The Liquor Store to buy liquor. That's pretty crazy.