View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Re: Staking/Make-up question: What to do with lower prize-pools?

[ QUOTE ]

it seems to me, you entered into an agreement with someone who is putting up money you cannot afford to play for and is giving you a very big shot compared to what your roi on stars would dictate.

when things get a little rough, you really have no moral right to whine that you are obligated to make up the money you lost before you see cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? For the record just so you know we have never had any written or official agreement. He's a friend of mine and offered to stake me over the summer in bigger buy-ins live, and now that has continued after the summer. This is also a reason why this is a situation because there is no set deal like "I'm going to play $X in buy-ins" or "I'm going to play Y amount of tournaments." I accepted this offer obviously but we never had anything set as to what I was playing under him. At the time I played whatever I wanted online, and continue to play anything I want to online under my own bankroll.

That's another reason why I'm not sure what to do because where's the cut-off? I can play the Sunday Majors under my own roll, and do sometimes. Should he be staking me in that , too, to be fair? As I said I feel comfortable bank-roll wise putting myself in these tournaments but I'm not going to do that because I don't think it's fair to my backer, is it fair if I won 100k online for instance in the Mil?

And I'm not sure why you guys are giving me a hard-time, it's not like I'm saying I'm running off or trying to erase my make-up to 0, that's not what I'm doing at all. Obviously I'm going to try to play out of make-up and I feel worse about losing someone elses' money than I do about losing my own. Quite frankly Bob, you're being a huge jerk which is completely unwarranted and from someone that I've never even seen post before.