View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 01:42 AM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #3 Flop B

Fold. It's not because I think he has the best hand. To me, the small check-raise suggests a strong draw, an over-pair, or a complete bluff.

At this point, I only see two options: push all-in or fold.
And while I suspect I have the best hand, it could be quite vulnerable to a heart or even an overcard. The chance that an all-in will get villian to fold or call with a draw is outweighed by the possiblity of getting outdrawn.

At this early stage of the tournament, the most important thing I can do is to survive. I just don't see the point in putting everything at risk on this one hand, even if we have the best hand right now. If villian has a heart draw, there is about a one-in-three chance that this will be the last hand. If villian has an overpair, there is at least a one-in-four chance that this will be our last hand. I'm not willing to take that risk so early in the tournament.

Of course, there is a time and place to gamble. I just don't believe this is one of those times.

That said, I can't wait to find out that villian has 72 off-suit. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

After all, what do I know?