View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Stud H/L (HORSE tourney)???

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but third is a fold. The guy with the Seven has a hand that he's going to play, so you have no fold equity. I wouldn't even limp in for the bring-in. AQ3 isn't mentioned anywhere in Ray Zee's book for a reason.

On fourth, you've got a weakish hand with some potential. Your opponents are offering you a free card. Take it.

Fifth is definitely worth a raise in a cash game. The other guy likely only has the Kings. In a tournament situation where you're a little low on chips but not yet desperate, I might just call, but I still lean towards raising.

The bet on sixth is fine. The bet on the river is unspeakably horrible. He's not calling with one pair. I mean, you'll see some rube do that once in a blue moon, and I even did it myself in a $40/80 game once, but even complete morons will almost always fold on the river when they're beaten on board. He's not folding two pair, and he's not folding a low. Your bet can only lose. Check and hope he checks behind.