View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Re: August Low-Content Thread - One outers

OK if 1-outers are the thing, here's mine ...
Saturday night 15-30 at my local cardroom ...
Luis (not Louis) is the primary villain. He's great at switching gears from LAG to maniac to uber-lag and around and around. He's running over the table with a semblance of complete bluffs, bottom pair and TPNK type hands. 3 limps to me in the hijack and I raise A,10s clubs. Clears the TAGs between me and the blinds. SB calls, Luis is in the BB calls (knew he would) and begins his talk prior to putting the money in. Imagine a thick cuban accent and a diatribe that goes something like this, "Let me look, now I need to look at you (dealer), have you got it in you. Are you going to bring it for me. Yes (sounds like jess), I think this time you got it. You going to do it for me? Bring me what I need? I want you to do it (dooo eet). OK, I put my money in!" etc. etc.

Flop come 10 high with one club. Luis bets out because he wants to see where he is ... if there is no raise he figures he is good with whatever crap he is holding. Middle position raises, which could be anything but is most likely some piece of the board. I three-bet with TPTK and the backdoor flush draw. That's just how this particular game has been playing with Luis in it. Turn comes a low club and it checks to me, I bet, Luis goes into the tank and begins another long involved conversation with himself and imploring the dealer to bring his miracle card. MP folds and I've got it heads-up. River is a non-club 2 and Luis checkraises me with his rivered set of dueces. Thus begins another diatribe of how he knew the dealer was going to " brringg eet for me!" Worse than the incessant talking, slow play and miracle card catching was that he won 2 consecutive high-hand jackpots. Just one of those nights when nothing goes wrong despite awful play. Anyway, that's my contribution to the cavalcade of 1 and 2 outers.

Cheers!