View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 09:57 AM

Default Re: - WSOP ME FT: Meet the Final Nine -

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Even though Monday was a day off from play, it was "media day" for the players as each player had to honor its media interview obligations with ESPN Original Entertainment TV (done by 441 Productions), ESPN pay-per-view TV (done by Poker PROductions), and Bluff Media (worldseriesofpoker.com, Sirius Satellite Radio). Each player had to spend about 2 hours doing all the interviews at the Rio.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if they said, "No, I don't want to talk to the media?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Any player who has one or more sponsors has to honor the media obligation associated with the sponsorship deals.

Unless you want to turn down all sponsorship opportunities, you would WANT to do all the interviews you can during "media day" so that you can deliver value to your sponsors.

Big time poker tournaments are NOT just about "playing poker" anymore. They are now televised "sports entertainment" events which allow participants to leverage the value of being on TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but unless you're Hilm, do you show up for the 10 am corum watch presentation? I'm all for free swag, but do you want to be part of their promotional appearance if you're not getting paid for it?