View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Info on Selling a Used Car

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also a lot of people like to pop the hood and look at the engine even though they have no idea what's going on. I think that cleaning the engine would really impress these people, but I'm not sure how easy that is. (eg. getting caked oil off the engine block)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a smart move and also quite easy and cheap to do on your own. You just buy some engine grease remover in a spray can, spray down your engine and then use a high pressure hose (such as one at a car wash) and it really does a good job.

=============

A key for those who are buying used cars, check the inside of the door where the door hinge is at. This is a common place where water sits and is a good indicator how well the car was taken care of. Someone who cares about their car (such as myself) will wipe this area and areas like it after any rain.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the person is smart and sees that the engine block is washed, they'll think that there is leaked oil somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why you should have the car looked at. I wash my engine block once every 6 months. It's just my typical care for my vehicles.