Thread: donkey players
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: donkey players

I agree with all the posts here...we all make donkey plays at some point in time...you failed to recognize the advantage you had...and left him to only one choice. I'm not railing you here...because I did the same thing on a final table 2 nights ago..given pocket 88...small blind...all folded to me...6 handed. I had 500k chips...3rd in chip position...almost covered by the BB. Instead of making a standard raise...I go all in....duh...of course he's lit up by AK os...how many of you fold AK os to a small blind all in? NO ONE! and you guess it...turn is a K...for the doof award of the day! now of course in my small brain..I'm thinking oh yeah...of course he hits the K..and how could he call that....but in retrospect...it was the right play...why shove with that many chips if you have AA, KK, QQ...etc...had to put me on weak A...or small pockets. So...I think you should evaluate yourself..not the donk if you want to improve...think your plays through...and how this guy is perceiving you based on your previous play...that's how you're going to move forward in your game!