View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 07:54 PM

Default Re: Who is the worst GM is pro sports history?

[ QUOTE ]
The Royals' Herk Robinson and Allard Baird

[/ QUOTE ]

We just didn't give Baird's 5 year plan enough 5 years to start to take effect.

I'm going to toss out Carl Peterson, although he is probably not the worst he is really bad. It disgusts me that the Chiefs had the best percentage record of the 1990's and yet only won 3 playoff games. 19 years in office and no super bowl appearances? How many GM's have been allowed to have that kind of stat in the modern era? He has refused to play for the title by never blowing up the team and having a few [censored] years for the sake of a total rebuild. His teams are a constant mix of overpaid aging veterans and multiple rookies. This formula has been enough to get him a lot of around .500 ball clubs with no playoff success. The Chiefs under Carl haven't won a playoff game since 1993! And yet his job is hardly ever mentioned as in jeopardy or questioned by hardly anyone here. The Chiefs love him because he has kept them respectable which allows them to always have sellouts. I hate him because he doesn't have the balls to make the moves to play for a Super Bowl title, not just the occassional AFC West title. It blows my mind that in this day and age of produce a team to win it all now, this d-bag still has a job.