View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 02:31 PM

Default New books coming

As posted by Mason in the Intro to this month's 2+2 Magazine.

"As for books, in addition to the two Harrington on Cash Game volumes and the second book in the Professional No-Limit Hold 'em series which all should be released in the first few months of 2008, we are in discussions concerning another no-limit hold 'em book that would include much material on short-handed play, a no-limit book for heads-up play, and a pot-limit Omaha book. But notice I said "we are in discussions." Nothing here is guaranteed, but we are looking into it."

I know this isn't new info. But after waiting until 2006 for NLTAP and 2007 for PNL, having THREE 2+2 NL cash game books coming out in early 2008 will be heavenly!

I can't wait to read more from Mehta, Flynn and Miller, as PNL has helped my game tremendously.

Frankly, I don't know exactly how Harrington and Robertie are going to differentiate their cash game books from: 1) the style they recommend for early, deep stack tournament play in HOH 1 and the first part of HOH2, and 2) PNL's SPR and REM focus.

But, apparently Harrington and Robertie have 2 books worth of material on cash games they would like to share, and I look forward to reading "HOCG 1 and 2.

Finally, shorthanded NLHE, heads up NLHE and PLO are EXCELLENT areas for 2+2 to explore. I encourage 2+2 to focus its book publishing attention to these areas, particularly PLO.