View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Re: A survey on rake (time) in each B&M cardrooms

[ QUOTE ]
ummm your friend is wrong on the Borgata # tables - they'll spread more than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll agree with this. During the week they may float around those number but on weekends i have seen 15-20 1/2 NL games and a few more 2/5 running as well.

The thing about # of tables is that it varies a lot from weekends to weekdays and by time of day.

Weekends for example at borgata you will usually see 4-6 10/20 holdem and 4-6 20/40 holdem but during the week those numbers are more like 2-4 and these numbers are less in the early morning and morning until you hit the afternoon when more show up.

The Taj spreads about the same on LHE tables, not sure about NL at the taj.

Stud games at taj at 10/20 and 20/40 are usually 2-3 at each level sometimes more for 20/40.

The borgata only spreads 20/40 stud on saturdays usually and its only 1 table. No other low-mid limit stud is spread at the borgata, or if it is it is very rare.
**I will play this game sometimes as they will give some good incentives to players in this game to keep us stud players away from the taj. Example on more than 1 occasion with an almost full table we asked floor for a Free Half hour,(No Time Charge), and they granted it. Last time around 6pm they came around and comped everyone $25 to the restaurant of their choice as well. This game runs in the High Limit Room also so Free Redbulls and Fiji Water.

They almost always have 1 10/20 stud8/O8 2 way game with a half kill. On busy weekends they sometimes open up a second one if list is long and they have a spare table.

Taj also has a 1 3/6 two way game which is a full kill game and occasionally they get a 5/10 O8 with a full kill going if there is enough interest.

taj also spreads a few 2/4 omaha h/l game usually. 1-2 tables.

Borgata every once in a while spreads 2/4 O8 as well.

I'm staying down there tonight so i will try to remember to write some counts down on tables tonight and tomorrow.