View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 12:47 AM

Default Re: New Tysen Streib Book: Kill Everyone

[ QUOTE ]
it says on amazon that the title release date is january o8

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not right. We're done and it's at the printers. I'd be really surprised if it's not out by the end of September.

[ QUOTE ]
holy cow 348 pages?, is that because of the intricies of small ball approach?

[/ QUOTE ]

We got a ton of stuff in it. You will not be disappointed. Steven Brust once said that there are 4 types of books: popcorn, steak, caviar, and celery. Although he was talking about fiction writing, I definitely see this as steak. And a big ol’ slab too.

[ QUOTE ]
would that means that half of the book is seperated between between tourament and sit-n-goes? or these concepts like in the kill phil book can be applied to both??.

[/ QUOTE ]

A vast majority of the book has strategies that apply to all tournament types. But there are several sections that give specific advice for SNG’s, MTT’s, and satellites.

[ QUOTE ]
and finally because of the sit-n-goes strategies would it address some, or any issues that you may have had with the two plus two book "sit'n go strategy"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I only just started reading Moshman’s book, so I can’t really comment on that. I’m sure you’ll get value out of both.

[ QUOTE ]
also I am interested in what you personally Tysen Streib bring to the table in this kill everyone title, and how it is that you came on board.
(i am guessing it is something to do with your post flop, turn and river skills ?) ehhe

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it was more for my math and game theory skills. My specialties are in calculating optimal solutions and in how the payout structure should affect your strategy. I’ve written a lot of popular articles in the 2+2 magazine and Lee was impressed with my work here. He was thinking of writing another book, liked my style, and was wondering if I’d like to work with him on his next project. And thus the team was born.

[ QUOTE ]
I am only asking these question in depth for I liked the kill phil book so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem. I need to be posting more here anyway now that the work is done. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Tysen