View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 03:28 PM

Default My confidence is coming back with the help of Phil, David and Dan

For the past year I have done one of two things, ran bad or played bad and sometimes I have done both which most of us know can be a horrible experience. In addition I have been in the pits way more than I should have been so many times a win was quickly wiped out at the roulette table.

Needless to say I have been a little shaken by the whole experience and have been on a much needed break for the last month. My plan was and still is to spend a couple of months soaking up as much poker knowledge as I possibly can. After this break I intend to give it another go.

I just bought myself a bunch of new poker books a couple of weeks ago and have really enjoyed the whole learning process that comes along with reading them. After being down and out for a while I’m starting to get confidence in my game once again, as I am loaded with some new tools and alternative ways at looking at the game.

The books that I purchased are as follows:

Phil Gordon’s Little Green Book
Harrington on Hold’ Em Vol. #1
Harrington on Hold’ Em Vol. #3
The Theory of Poker (2+2)
Small Stakes Hold’ Em (2+2)
No Limit Hold’ Em Theory and Practice (2+2)

Like I said I can literally feel the confidence creeping back into my system
I just want to thank the two + two community for your (for the most part) insightful and thought provoking posts. This forum on books and publications has helped me more than I can say. I trust 2+2’ers implicitly…..or at least the ones I deem sain. Just pointing me in the right direction has been a huge help. Keep up the good work and I will keep an eye out for post on new books and publications.

For those of you that have never read a poker book, I would suggest you give it a try and you might find that there is more to this game than meets the eye.