View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 04:39 PM

Default Re: party vs stars difference

I firmly believe that PStars deals HANDS not CARDS, thereby allowing for close to undetectable manipulation of the games. The result is a distribution of starting hands as one would expect over the long term. However, the play of hands from the flop is not normal. The boards tend to better hit more hands, driving up the pot and thus the rake. Nothing like juicing the river card to boost the pot and the rake

I'm on my final and third experience with PStars. The result has been the same each time. Make a deposit, then run about 4BB/100 on the LHE short tables over 10K hands, and then suffer suckout after suckout after suckout on the river after having 90 percent plus pot equity going to the river until I've given back all previous winnings and most of the deposit.

Given the lack of choice for U.S. players wanting to play online, I guess after this final PStars experiment, I'm done with online poker.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say in response to your post is that your imagination is not playing tricks on you. If you can play somewhere other than PStars, then dot it. Otherwise consider quiting online play.