Thread: TT in Kill Pot
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 11:57 AM

Default Re: TT in Kill Pot

[ QUOTE ]
The showdown is free or not at all. It is basically simply a decision that you will put a maximum of two more bets in the pot to get to showdown, thus you try putting them in on the turn. You fold unimproved to a river donk. People go after kill pots very aggresively. You have to fight back with this kind of hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the idea of raising the flop to find out where I'm at, esp. in this game where people seem to donk into you with all sorts of stuff. And why would an Ace lead into you when they can check-raise?

But raising on the turn might mean I'm getting a free showdown from AQ-AJ, probably AT, and maybe folding KK-JJ. Every other hand (AK, AA, 99-77, A9,A8) 3 bets me, and won't give a free showdown. It seems raising means I'm too often putting in 3 bets way behind and rarely getting a free showdown/or folding a better hand with this board.

And Villain was in late EP or early MP (IIRC he was third to act). It's hard for me to think he was raising a completely random hand like a small pair or mid suited connector and even if he does JT,98,87 & 65 have me crushed. It's just so unlikely he has something I can beat (22-66, T9,76 QJ, QT, KQ, J9).

I think I understand the logic of getting to the free showdown, raise when you might have the best hand but aren't sure, maybe fold some better hands, and pay the same amount if you miss. But with this board it seems we rarely have the best hand, and rarely can get a free show down or avoid a 3 bet.