View Single Post
Old 04-02-2006, 03:56 AM

Default Re: Why is there more River Raising at Higher Limit 6max???

people make more folds at high limits making bluffraising rivers more profitable

players are aggressive at higher limits. the fish are the ones that are usually too aggressive. at lower limits the fish are passive players who checkcall alot

players at higher limits are better value bettors and as a result, better value raisers.

players at higher limits know that if theyre going to value raise rivers, theyre probably going to need to value raise mediocre hands as well along with bluffs to balance their play.

i dont really think this thread is too complicated. people play better in bigger games. thats about it. i guess reviewing why bluffraising rivers happens itll give players a better perception of what hand ranges high limit players have when they raise rivers along with figuring out what hands they need to raise rivers with themselves.

for that reason i suppose this thread could lead to good strategical content but this thread would be more purposeful if you changed the question to "what hands should you raise the river with in higher limits and what are the advantages of doing so?" rather than asking the question you asked, because frankly i think its quite basic.

dont mean to tear you down, this thread will probably help alot of people.