View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 07:37 PM

Default Re: (2/4) AAds, Did I get any street right?

PREFLOP
Im not a big fan of limping an AA hand this good, but its not a bad limp necessarily, especially cause youre in early position.

FLOP
You need to threebet this flop so very very much. Youre so far ahead of the other hands in equity that it isnt even funny. And yet your hand is vulnerable, so definitely jam here.

TURN
You really really need to bet or checkraise this turn. The fact that a low is now out should not slow you down, three other players just called one bet, theyll call one or two more. Youre against 4 other players, I guarantee you that you have way more than 20% equity here.

RIVER
Well, you no longer have the nut high. Checking is right, because this way you get to see whether anyone made a straight. Given that no one raised, its likely that there is no straight out there, but the CO could just be going for overcalls, or someone could just have a lower straight. Im OK with just calling here. If the board read TA63J I might suggest a checkraise.

So, you got preflop and river correctish, and messed up the flop and turn pretty hard. When you play with an uberlag, you need to jam when you make really strong hands. Sitting to his right is pretty awful, but in this case it gave you the chance to stick a bunch of players in the middle for a lot of bets.

Oh, and Id love to see results at some point.