View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Re: There must be a standard line here

i like raising the board pairing bdfd cards, u get alot of light calldowns on that card (atleast from me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ), but after u raise this turn do u have a clear vb on the river?

And if u raise/fold to a 3bet on a broadway card and the board is A96K and he finds a good 3bet with TPTK (easier to do if u are habitually raising the turn here with TPNK), u miss out on 3 outs for the win and 6 for the chop, getting like 10:1 now. and again if u raise this turn, whats the correct river action? His range is much stronger after he calls ur raise on a K Q or J turn.

i think u just get urself in trouble and end up with ambiguous decisions on the river or when faced with a 3bet (particularly against unknowns). The major plus side tho is metagame, if he cant respect a turn raise since it could be any draw or any TP u get paid off more later. Not sure its always worth gaining that to give up some by taking a slightly less than optimal line thats a bit too aggressive (raise turn on a 9 6 or broadway, and bet a blank river), since we ll probably be semi-bluffing enough already in many other spots.