View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 12:26 AM

Default Re: 5/10 vs kmoney, explain something to me

I'm coming in late on this, but I really don't like this either. I don't know why, jfish, but no one ever thinks you have anything, so people wind up doing stupid things here against you (or at least they do against me), also your hand is about as strong as it could be here other than the few times you cold call out of the blinds with a big pair, so he could actually be deciding to take a stand with a worse hand than yours. That said, its definately not profitable to call his flop 3 bet after a check raise, and if he gets it in on the turn, I still think you are behind his range here.

It makes it a little better that its against kmoney, because he seems really straightforward postflop, but i think you lose value against worse hands here and occasionally get pushed off the best hand.

Against kmoney, i don't like a lead too much, but I like a check/call, on the flop and figure out what to do based on the turn card, with the posibility of a stop and go on a blank, but probably another check, and if he checks behind value betting the river.