View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 08:54 AM

Default Re: Massive self destructive tendencies. Need advice

[ QUOTE ]
Psych: I'd encourage you to seek couselling. I know it's hard to admit you need help even to yourself sometimes, but please consider.

On the practical side: Why don't you get insurance? I have a job where I have to carry my laptop to places that if it's dropped it has zero chance of survival, plus I have children. So when I bought my laptop I got a complete replacement policy for about 200bucks. Regardless of cause, even if my kids pour soda in it and then I drop it from a helicopter, it's replaced for free [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two absolutlyfuckingbrilliant ideas there!

I live with my oldies, so have learnt 2 be very quiet, as then i can play all night, etc.

My best advice is not too get too happy when you win!

Why? well, poker is the ups and downs, and we all get on the happy and sad side of variance. Im on the neg side at the moment, capped off by getting it all in (and of course losing) with bottom set vs top pair to bubble out of a sat seat.

If you allow yourself to get up, happy and high when the cards fall your way, your thinking changes, and thus, your game as well. So, we prolly arnt playing our A game, but a B-, which is not good.

Then, when we go down, we tend to link the results with our level of happiness, and feelings of inadequacy, then horrid tilt can rear its head.

But, i find, if i just try and stay level headed when I am up, really up, or sideways, i can really play my A or B+ game when i am tilted, instead of my D-game.

Its kinda like the 'dont be results orientated' bullshiiit you continually see throughout the forums. You just have to be good enough, and have the bankroll for the stakes you are playing.