View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Feeling a little lost

[ QUOTE ]
When you play you'll hear 3 voices. First is usually telling you to do whats most satisfying (natural for you), the second will be logic (dave, phil, bill, etc).

The third is your instincts - or subconscious if you will. It is factoring things in that you can only half explain. Timing? is the guy tilting? Whats my image? Is this his rent money? Is he a mouth breather? Is this daddy's money?

use ur brain more when ur away from the table and use ur gut when your at the table. Becareful to remember not to do what feels satisfying (calling to much if ur an action junky and folding to much if ur a nit).

Everyone knows this at heart, but results make us doubt. GL and dont cut into my ev

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the reply. Using instinct at the table of course makes sense as it's impossible to do the math you'd do off the table, but one's instincts are pretty useless if he doesn't have a sound mathematical understanding of the game (I would think). If the person can't even determine +EV lines off the table, who cares what his instincts are, right?

I would think that honing one's instincts means solving hands and strategies against certain ranges, which then comes back subconsciously when actually playing.

I may be wrong though, which is why I'm posting. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]