View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 07:44 AM

Default Re: changed my mind about michael vick, slap on wrist only

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think michael vick should get slap on wrist at most.

why?

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04022007/new..._dan_mangan.htm

[ QUOTE ]
April 2, 2007 -- Judith Giuliani once demonstrated surgical products for a controversial medical-supply company that used dogs - which were later killed - in operations whose only purpose was to sell equipment to doctors, The Post has learned.

"It was a horribly cruel, outrageous program," Friends of Animals President Priscilla Feral said about the demonstrations of medical staplers on dogs conducted by U.S. Surgical Corp. employees during Giuliani's tenure there in the late 1970s.

Feral said U.S. Surgical's demonstrations on hundreds of dogs each year through the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s were done to boost sales, not for medical re search or testing.

[/ QUOTE ]

alternately I think these ceo's and workers should do jail time.
in the interest of the fair application of the law.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, rent "Something the lord made." Did you realize that open heart surgery would not have been possible without killing (testing the procedure) on tons of dogs first? Did you not realize that this was common practice for various types of surgical procedures?

Torturing dogs (ie strangling them) is not the same as anesthetizing them and testing on them. They were in no pain and were probably treated very humanely.

+EV

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've seen that movie. Also, Transformers was pretty sweet, you should check it out. Both have about equal relationship to the OP or the points being discussed.