View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Everything we\'ve always wanted to ask about NL thread...

[ QUOTE ]
From nadical in another thread

[ QUOTE ]
also dont bet what is exactly in his stack people look at this like oh my god he wants all my money has me beat, just push yourself and he will be like no he is bluffing look at that overbet...yea it doesnt really make sense but from playing thats how it seems

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the prevailing opinion amongst other NL players? I always wondered if you have your target covered, you want all his money, and you're convinced that the best way to get it is to take him all in right now, if it's better to push yourself, to bet his stack, or to bet something bigger than his stack that's not a push on your part. Does your answer change depending on whether or not your target has < a PSB, ~ a PSB, or more than a PSB?

[/ QUOTE ]

At lower limits I generally overbet push when I want to be called, because for many bad players there's a visceral "F THIS GUY FOR TRYING TO PUSH ME OUT OF THIS POT"-type response that induces alot of bad /tilt calls.

I don't remember the last time I tried to bluff someone who was almost allin on the river, but i think I just bet pot, though I might have overbet too.

Against anyone capable of remembering what I did last time I usually just do the same thing regardless, which would probably mean just shoving every time.

Surf