View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 12:46 PM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

1. How you are currently improving your game
Currently I am improving my game by reading articles, publications and anything I can get my hands on that involves NLHE. I am reading such books as Harrington on holdem, Supersystem 1 and I plan to read the next books in those series. I also watch poker on TV any chance I get to study the different styles of play

2. Your poker goals.
My poker goals consist of becoming a winning player, and be able to make poker a more than just a hobby.

3. Your current stakes and past earnings
I was staked in the Razz FTOPS and placed pretty well (Not in the money) as I am an all around player, but would like to focus on NLHE cash games. My earnings consist of grinding .25/.50 razz and .5/.10 NLHE making close to $300+ starting with no more than $50.

4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made.
I don't make too many strategy posts, but I do post my hands whenever I feel that I am in doubt or question about a certain play, if you look in my history of posts, you will find a bunch.

5. A little about yourself. If you're capable and willing to run the site and videos include that in your reply.
I'm a Junior in college studying Philosophy. I plan on getting a BA. After school I plan on pursuing poker as far as it will take me, as well as becoming a certified ski instructor. I enjoy playing poker, skiing, weight lifting, and a lot of other sports. I could really use the opportunities poker can provide (money) in order to make a more comfortable life for myself as I have been struggling financially the past 12 years with just me and my Dad. I love the game of poker and the money is just a bonus, but if it can help create an easier atmosphere financially, I won't mind [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Also to add, please state how many hours you have played in the last 5 months and earnings in that time.
[b] I play about 20-30 hours a week and in the past 5 months is when I have earned all my winnings of $300+ grinding out low stakes cash games. I have made more playing with friends , but those are my winnings online. Incorporating poker with friends I've easily made over $1,000.