View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 03:20 PM

Default Re: iSTRONG\'s Video Tutorial #4: NL25 6-max

lol. iSTRONG on my stomping ground. That rusey guy is a pretty big donk, even for this level. The only quarter-decent (I originally put semi here, but that's too much of an honor) player at the table was Devil1983, by virtue of being tighter than most. You got good table selection: during the European day Stars 25NL has a bunch of multi-tabling nut peddlers. Not TAGs, nut peddlers: you can steal their blinds for hours... they don't care.

By the way, I agree that I wouldn't reraise KQs either. Not against an unknown, at least. I was probably more surprised than you were to see him fold.

The T6 hand is one I probably wouldn't have played myself, though I agree with your reasoning when limping behind. I would definitely have reraised the 0.75 turn bet as well, but once she calls, the river's an easy check behind, even if it bricks. This is a line often taken with good hands by donkeys: minbet (or, in this case, call a minbet), make a slightly bigger bet, another slightly bigger bet. She's checking the river because she feels you're going to fire again after you reraise.

In the KJo hand where you bluffed the river, most likely nobody had a pair. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

In the 98o hand, I probably 3-bet to slightly less ($2-3) than his stack size. Donkey psychology says that you might still fold for your last couple of dollars, often provoking them to push. Not sure that would've happened here - I think he had either an 8 or a 9 without a T.