View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 02:20 PM

Default Re: iSTRONG\'s Video Tutorial #4: NL25 6-max

[ QUOTE ]
One of the hands you had KQs at SB. One limper to the cutoff, he raised to 3BB. Fold to you. You just flat called, but you mentioned that you would have re-raised if it is in higher limit.

I have trouble playing AK, KQ out of position, especially in SB after the pot being raised. I do believe it is opponent dependent. If the opponent is more willing to call a re-raise, we should just call. However, if you could give me more guidelines, I would be really appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you pretty much nailed it. I don't really like reraising with AK, KQ in these games because I got little fold equity and that once they call I have to play a hand that has missed the flop a majority of the time out of position against players who will go to the showdown if they paired up.

In higher stakes you have more fold equity and you have to reraise with these hands sometimes for metagame reasons. Otherwise the range of hands you reraise with from the blinds becomes too small and allows good player to have a good read on you.

Obviously there isn't really such as thing as metagame at NL25.