View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Re: The movement to remove shortstackers!!!

reasons to like a 50BB min buyin:
-it will happen eventually as almost all games are on the pathway to being completely dominated by competent shortstackers
-those with fullstack skills feel cheated that someone who plays a less complex style can be just as profitable. Fullstack 'experts' like to feel as though they've earned something, and perhaps they have
-it makes the game easier to play for a fullstacker as they have to be less aware of stack size adjustments, etc.

reasons to like a 20BB buyin:
-it reduces the 'expert' player's edge, which keeps fish around longer. This maintains good games being available, which welcomes in more fish. Once the poker economy passes a tipping point in the shark to fish ratio, it will devour itself up. Shortstackes help prolong that tipping point from being reached.
-At 400NL and below, the bad shortstackers outnumber the competent shortstackers by a very large amount. It seems unwise to get rid of so many fish taking shots just to avoid the 3-4 regulars who will grind out their profit.

whatever, I'll make money either way.

However, when I hear a small, albeit, vocal minority protesting about something that hurt's their edge, I tend to think it will be bad for the poker economy if the sites listen to that professional minority.