Thread: Race Debate
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 08:42 PM

Default Race Debate

First off I am not racist in the least and have friends of all backgrounds. Some things have got me thinking about "racism" and what causes it. Neo=Nazi's and KKK members do not count here as we all know they are just [censored] uo beyond help.

Don Imus said, in regards to the Rutgers women's basketball team, that the girls were "Nappy headed hoes." Now correct me if I am wrong, but was it not Al Sharpton who let everyone in the world know about it? I mean really, no one listens to Don Imus, without black activists persecuting him-would the general public really know about what he said?

Thats one example. There are many more but I will only mention this next one to keep this post relatively short.

On ESPN Mark May (black) and Lou Holtz (Old Notre Dame coach that talks like he has 3 retainers in his mouth) I mean Lou is knowledgable when it comes to college football, for example he said that Notre Dame would win at least 10 games this year.

Anyway, they were discussing the lack of minority-basically just blacks-coaches in college football. They said they need them. Like schools are REALLY going to take a good white coach over a GREAT black one, I can't see that happening too often. No one I know says "Hey, Id like college football more if they had black coaches." Nor do they say "If only our coach was white." The truth is that there are less black people who (want to) get into coaching-at any position-which in turn creates less opportunities for them to climb the ladder. Former players always have a headstart when it comes to coaching jobs, and the fact that you are black does not diminish your knowledge.

I rambled; surely was repetitive and probably lost many of you, but you should have gotten the idea.