View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 09:24 AM

Default Re: 87 flops top two from BB

I don't think I can lay down top two just yet, but that's me. I have trouble laying down anything remotely good. I'm getting 6.5-1 if UTG calls, and if he caps it, then I'm going to be getting 6-1 (3 more bets to win 18). I would cap it, because of this.

On the turn there is going to be a minimum of 8BB in the pot, and 9BB if UTG stays in on the flop. After capping the flop, I lead out at any card that doesn't complete a straight. If I get raised at this point, I can figure that I'm up against a set (88 or 77 is really devestating for my hand), or a straight, and a small possibility of AA or KK, since some loose players like to limp these.

If, by chance, it gets raised and reraised on a turn blank, then I should probably fold. The possibility of an 88 or 77 being out, leaving me with one out on average (0 outs against 88, 2 outs against 77) becomes a very strong possibility, and I'm only getting 8-1 on a call and 6-1 on a cap. Because you could be drawing dead or drawing to a 22-1 shot, make your hand and still lose, a fold would probably be correct in this scenario.

That being said, if I were raised and reraised on the turn, I'd have trouble laying it down.