View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 03:17 PM

Default Re: MGM Grand 2-5: Tilting Extreme Short Stack Straddles My Big Blind

im still trying to figure out if you want to attack the straddle out of the big blind and force the Button and Small Blind to fold, but to do that would require you to be raising an ammount more than its worth against the straddler with now only $35 bucks. So I say raising PF is pointless, risking a large amount to win $45?

Really, you want the SB to fold and be against the $350 stack if at all possible. QTo is an an awful multiway hand, and OOP i'd say its even worse.

I check the flop and wait to see who calls the straddlers all-in, as i assume this is his intent to see the river if he's not even going to look at his cards obviously, giving you good relative position behind the button and small blind.

If small blind raises, i'd fold.

The only thing i cant decide on is if you have both button and small blind calling, whether to raise at this point and attempt for a heads-up against the straddler now that there could be another $105 in the pot, or to smooth call. You're starting off hoping for at least a straight draw, not mentioning flopping the nuts because that would turn this into a "how to play the flopped nuts" excercise, and i dont think that's the point.

i also want to ask, is it really necessary to even take a shot at this hand? Arent there going to be more opportunities with better starting hands etc to get involved in what is a multiway pot with what I think is a poor multiway hand?

i dont know, im not 2-5 NL player.