View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 10:32 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: September**

[ QUOTE ]
Who do you think you make your money off of? The "good" 20/18/3 players? All you are really doing is pushing the money back & forth with those players at the cost of rake, waiting for the 60/5/.5 players in the game to give you the money you count as profit. If you aren't leveling, then... wow. Fundamental Theorem of Poker or whatever...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily the "good" 20/18/3, but more the weak 40/12/2, who can at least occasionally fold and can be put on a hand once in a while. Fundamental Theorem, as you mentioned, which someone throws completely out of the picture, who just constantly calls anything. As long as I don't hit the majority of the flops, I'd prefer opposition that is actually capable of folding.

It's really sad that I get outplayed by fish, though.

Edit:
[ QUOTE ]
work on value betting

[/ QUOTE ]

In theory I know this is the key. And it's quite easy with AK on Kh5c4c. QQ on the same board is a different story, since there's no way to find out if the mastermind limp-called K2o or Tc7c. It's call-call-call either way. It's probably just me, but situations like the latter seem to happen a lot more often than the former.

I wouldn't say the regs are transparent (not necessarily to me, anyway), but at least you can put them on a range depending on their actions.