View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 08:50 PM

Default Re: 50nl AA line check

[ QUOTE ]

i always see people advocating this and i was wondering what the reason? is it because you dont price in draws as much?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because we're betting for value usually, and we get more value now and, more importantly, down the line as the pot gets bigger. The less important but still real value of "information" is also more accurate generally as the bet goes up.

Compare the pot of a 1/2 psb on the turn to a 2/3 to full pot bet that's called.

You charge draws more, in general, which is good. And charge made hands more to suck out (when ahead) and can, depending on villains, get out of some spots cheaper than if you make weak bets with moderate made hands.

Generally, I also consider my position as well. OOP, I'm generally betting more -- and in position I can bet less (with more control of the pot) for value and protection. Example AA on a drawy flop, I'm going to be betting closer to pot against an opponent in position, maybe 2/3 when they're out of position.

(warning: sweeping generalizations that tend to change based on flop and villain)