View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 09:48 AM

Default Re: No limping in 6 max?

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, just wondering if anyone has any feedback on this.

If I am UTG with AA, I have tried raising by any amount and it can lead to one of 3 situations, only one of which is desirable.

Everybody folds (Not Good)

UTG + 1 calls and starts a domino cascade of calls (Not good unless Ace hits on flop)

Only once person calls or re-raises (Ideal).

However on the merits of this topic on 6-Max limping I find that if I limp then almost always someone will raise, adding money in to the pot and then giving me another bet as it were.

If everyone folds I will then call the bet if they are a passive player or raise by more than double to fein a bluff if they are very agressive.

If more than one person calls the other persons raise I will do a genuine big raise to narrow the number of hands or win the pot.

I don't have any statistics to back this up but I'm sure my equity has turned out much more in the long run than just raising.

I'm sure that a lot of the time I just clear 2 x $4 bets when the raise (100NL), which is fine. Often tho someone re-raises leading to an All-in.

Obviously I don't always do this, especially if someone has called and seen my pcoket cards. However if you only do this with AA and never bluff and people haven't seen your cards and it's happened a few times, eventually some observant agressive player with call your raise thinking it's the same old bullsh*t.

Any comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

pls dont limp rr shorthanded games at ssnl