View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Re: bluffing? position?

I play mostly 2 4 PLO8 on Bodog short handed. Full ring, I think you could make the argument cards are just as important as position, especially in limp PLO8.

Short handed though, bluffing is a huge part of playing. If you just bet your made hands, you will get no action. You need to bluff a large chunk of the time, so that your opponent must guess whether you have a hand or not. The best times to bluff is when there is no low on the board and a flush or paired board out there. Your opponent must give you credit for a hand, especially if you just showed him the nuts.

Bluffing out of position is never a good idea. You have no idea what your opponent has, so you should only play strong hands out of position.

With this in mind, I strongly advocate opening up your starting hands on the cut off and button, as you will have position the whole hand. It will be come obvious when your opponent is drawing to a low, flush, etc, and you can price him out, even if you have nothing yourself. Bluffing and semi bluffing is imperative in Plo8 at higher levels, and must become an integral part of one's game.