Thread: Networking
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Networking

[ QUOTE ]
I'm currently reading "Never Eat Alone" by Keith Ferrazzi. It's a highly recommended book on the topic.

I'm still in college and thinking about an entrepreneurial path. However, I've always viewed networking as some weird, superficial strategy that people use. The book seems to say, for the most part, that you don't really have to be superficial at all. For the people who have real experience networking in business, do you find this to be true?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I read the book as well and worked in politics for the last few years which is a business heavily based on personal relationships. Just take an honest interest in people, believe me you have something in common with pretty much everyone. When you talk to somebody and ask them how they are doing, pay attention to what the answer is, remember people's birthdays stuff like that. Networking is really just making friends with people you do business with.

I can't think of anybody who has become sucessful without the help of friends along the way. While your still in school get active in a fraternity or some other student group, go to alumni events after you graduate just meet as many people as you can and keep an open mind about it and you'll be amazed by the results.