Thread: Networking
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Networking

I'll give me 2 cents on all of them:

Social: This is the easy one. You hang out with people who suit you, you try and go to a variety of places, meet people of similar interests, and stay diversified. Always be offering your number out, always have something planned that you can include more people; party, sporting match, a concert, a poker night, anything. Keep offering stuff to people, they offer stuff to do back, then you network at those things.

Business: Similar to social, actually, except a little more serious. Just keep an eye on people you know, ask how their business is going. Don't pry. Always explain what you do. Don't hesitate to call someone if you want to know something, or think something could be arranged. I constantly need to get someones number from a friend because I had a thought in my head. People love random calls like this, makes them feel like people think about them.

Entrepreneurial: I guess the same as business, except, know a finance guy.

Sexual: Its all in the probability, my friend. If you get the social right, the opportunites are plentiful. If you're average or above average looking, just start talking to people, and always be looking out. Remember, failing 9/10 is a great statistic to a true 'player'.