View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 10:04 AM

Default Re: The Grim Reality of Israeli Terrorism

[ QUOTE ]
I am still waiting for you to tell me what easily identifiable uniform the Hezbollah terrorists use so the IDF can avoid unfortunate civilian deaths as much as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the impossibility of making out uniforms from indiscriminate air attacks, I see little relevance in this. But here are some links to photos of Hizb Allah fighters .

Photo 1

photo 2

Photo 3

This Russian page has several photos of Hizb Allah fighters during operations and they are all clearly wearing military style uniforms.

Hizb Allah

[ QUOTE ]
And the simple fact is that those civilians live and have lived on a firing range in front of the targets. If my family lived there when Hezbollah took control of that area, I would have left everything and moved, just as they could have.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is disgusting. Hundreds of thousands of civilians live in that area, the idea that all of them would have the resources or should ahve to pick up sticks and move is ridiculous. Many people did flee Southern Lebanon in the past, fleeing Israel's occupation and various armed campagins there and there is a large body of them living in Beirut now in slums; not everbody can or should be expected to any more than the citizens of Northern israel should flee. The reason they can't flee now, despite being told by both the Israeli army and hizb Allah to do so, is that Israel has bombed and is continuing to bomb the roads. The lack of compassion displayed by your argument is really quite astounding; it is simply obvious that no matter what Israel does or could ever do, you will find an argument in support of it. It's disgusting, especially from people who in other contexts have argued that war refugees give up their right to their property, homes and nations.

[ QUOTE ]
And you still have not proved that in the present operation Israel is intentionally targeting civilians.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris gave you an example of the Israeli army ordering people to leave a village and then repeatedly bopmbing an dsheeling their convoy shortly after leaving that village. Israel has hit hospitals and water treatment plants. It is bombing anything that moves on the roads. It has killed 70 times more civilians that Hizb Allah fighters. If you need more evidence than that that it is intentionally targetting civilians or indiscriminately targetting everything, which amounts to the same thing, there's something wrong with you.