View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Thinking about buying a used BMW

[ QUOTE ]
Hi there

So heres the deal, I have about 15K, 20K MAX to buy a car.

I tought about getting an honda obviously since its supposed to be the better cars now. But then I tought hey why not buy a little more used, but nicer car !?

SO I was thinking about getting something like a 320-323i, around 2001-2003, 100Kish km...

Yay or nay? Obviously if its pretty close in value Ill go for the style baby! Just trying to make sure its not a major waste of money.

Any advices from people who know something about cars will be very appreciated!

thanks guys [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i am very ahppy with my car.

in may 2006 i bought a 1998 740iL green BMW beige leather for $8400 cash with 126k miles on it.

since then i've spent about 11k on repairs, maintenance, fixing stupid sh*t that goes wrong.

i could have spent less but i always take it to the BMW dealership. they give me a loaner car and i know they do a great job.

i have 3 things that need fixing now but i'm lazy and they aren't masssively important and they next available loaner car is in like a month lol...(back left break light is out, back left turn signal is out, back left reverse light is out)

so yea, as people said, be prepared to fix, maintain the car. but i'll tell you from my personal experience, i couldn't have been happier with this car. it is an absolute dream to drive, smooth as all hell w/ tons of power also. insanely huge trunk (3 dead bodies easy [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) and a backseat that has almost too much legroom.

so while i may be biased, i've been through this process and still have the car. it currently has 148k miles on it. i'd expect this to last to about 250k which will be far more value to me than the $ i spent on it (it's already surpassed that benchmark though). i plan on happily driving this car into the ground for years [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

good luck,
Barron