View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Re: What\'d You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hit 13/18 greens in regulation (four of the misses were by two paces or less, easy chips, the fifth was 100 yards short due to punchout from tee shot above).

What did I shoot?

[/ QUOTE ]

If we give you one three putt, one birdie, 2-for-4 on up and downs from greenside, and allow you a double-bogey from 100 yards... <font color="red"> 83? Huh? </font> [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the word you're looking for is 'standard'.

Um, yeah, standard. Make that a bunch of 3 putts, zero birdies, zero-for-4 on up and downs (thanks in part to putter), a 3 putt double bogey from 100 yards. What is that, 42 putts? 43? Aaaargh.

It's just strange. Our greens are rolling *beautifully* - the poa annua dies out in October and the greens are just perfect until they close the course. You sometimes have to move leaves and stuff out of the way, no big deal. I couldn't get any of my lag putts close - mostly too hard - and a bunch of short putts came up a revolution or two short dead center.

It's 60 degrees today, I kinda want to ditch work this afternoon and get in one more round.