View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Re: Personal / dating / whatever life situation gen advice - volume 2

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, I'd really appreciate it if some of you would take a look at my Match.com profile and let me know what can be improved.

My username there is coffeeMMMcoffee .

Ya I know the first thing that could be improved is the username -- just put that aside for now though. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Edit: Here is the link

[/ QUOTE ]

1) I'm not a woman or gay, so maybe you should discount this, but find a photo of yourself where your eyes don't look red (or learn photoshop) also shave, you look scruffy

<font color="blue">I'm not sure wtf it is but every picture I take I turn out with devilish deep red eyes,</font>

2) Spell check for [censored] sake, you're not gonna get any women with brains (sorry your "canoing" immediately jumped out at me) (and just noticed you put "Brainiacs" as a turn on... so yeah, spell check)

<font color="blue">actually everything i type is automatically spell-checked by my browser, and the correct spelling as far as Mozilla is concerned is "canoing." that didn't look right to me when I wrote it, but I thought wtf I am a horrible speller. thanks for the catch.</font>

3) You list your location as Seattle (next to your photo) but then you say you just got back to Florida? Confusing imo.

<font color="blue">What's confusing? I live in Seattle but I want to establish a long-distance relationship with someone from FL. Is that a bad plan?

OK, location fixed.</font>

4) WTF is authentic Ethiopian food? Serious question. That does sound interesting in a wacky way.

<font color="blue">Jesus you catch everything. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]As I wrote that I was thinking to myself wtf is authentic Ethiopian? Every time I've been to an Ethiopian restaurant I've been served by an Ethiopian and the food was cooked by an Ethiopian, and the restaurant was full of Ethiopian cab drivers. So yes it makes no sense but I thought it added an air of sophistication. Like, "Jesus I'm tired of all these quote-unquote Ethiopian restaurants that have six mexicans working in the kitchen."

OK, authentic is now gone</font>

5) You've got a bunch of stuff about what you did, and then the very very last paragraph.... looking like an after thought, you say what you're looking for in a relationship. You may want to think about moving that up a bit, since this is a profile on Match.com....

<font color="blue">I guess my thinking was to try to hook them by putting myself out as a desirable guy and then, after piquing some interest, throw out what I want. I'll work on that section, though</font>

6) Some of the description about you seems longish, but idk, may just be a style issue.

7) WTF at "renaissance woman" do you REALLY want those chicks that go to those medieval type fairs and stuff... style issue i guess

<font color="blue">LOL. No, I'm definitely not into the medieval fair girls. I couldn't think of anything clever, and wanted to convey that I am looking for a smart girl who has had interesting and diverse experiences. I'll work on this but would definitely welcome suggestions.</font>

Overall seems ok, a little on the longish side, i'd shorten and snappy it up a bit, and put in a different photo.

<font color="blue">Totally agree thank you for the help.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]