View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 06:47 PM

Default Re: How to remove PokerStars properly from my computer

[ QUOTE ]
its much easier than this actually .. all you need to do is go to accounts in the windows control panel and create a new windows account. Login into the new account and create a new account. Only available in windows vista/xp home though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong here, and I'll also qualify this by saying I don't try to datamine on stars, but I really doubt PS can tell what windows account you are logging into on your home computer with. They probably can look at your IP address though, but most ISP's give people DHCP so that depends on your ISP and how often, if ever, your IP address changes. Also I'm sure they can look at who's actually logged into PS stars from your machine assuming your logged in.

Not knowing much about it, I would either try it on a reimaged computer that's never had PS installed. Or remove PS from ARP, remove the program files dir, remove the local machine and current user registry software hive/anything poker stars related keys, and try to tell if your IP address ever changes, or if it doesn't ever change, maybe do it at a different physical location (I know not very feasible and that may just be paranoia).

EDIT: I forgot the obv, not only can they probably not tell what windows account your logged into your computer with they 99% don't care cause the account name on most systems is probably something like owner/user or even bobo, you can make the account name whatever you want.