View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 02:13 AM

Default Re: oops. 5cd tournament misclick. now what?

Congratulations, your missclick managed to turn a bad situation much much worse.

I don't think a pat bluff is very likely to work in that situation. I don't see you limp/raising a legitimate pat hand in that spot so I'm fairly certain at least one other player is going to look you up with the 1:3.4 Odds he's getting on what must seem like a pretty strange play.

I don't see keeping a jack as a reasonable strategy here, because a pair of jacks not only is a pretty weak holding in that spot, you will have to decide if it's worth putting in the last of your chips. Drawing two to the flush doesn't seem to be a good alternative either. You picked a really bad hand for a missclick. I'd say you're best off drawing 5, because that should also give you some more action should you hit.

I would bet all-in with QQ+ here, calling an all-in is a tad more difficult. I think you should call if you think the bettor would bet out unimproved at least some of the time. If it's bet call to you I would ditch anything under Tens up and just hope for the Big Blind next hand.