View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Good beer in GREEN bottles does not exist

[ QUOTE ]
RDH,

CA, CO, close enough [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

DDY,

The overwhelming portion of the caloric content in beer is from the alcohol. Even a Guinness is only around 120 calories or so. Regulating your calories by drinking lighter beer is pointless if you're just planning on drinking until you're trashed. It'll take roughly the same amount of calories to get you there no matter what unless you start drinking the really sweet beers, such as the Belgian tripels, or any beer with "imperial" or "double" in its name.

Now, if you're just planning on going out with your buds for, say, exactly two beers, you can save somewhere between 10 and 50 calories by choosing anything that ends in "lite" over something else. For me, I'd rather forgo eating the last dozen grains of rice from dinner than choose to drink a beer I didn't like as much in the name of saving 50 calories.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, didn't know that at all. ty for the reply, beer snob! I will try the beers you recommend. I always thought heavier beers were closer to 200 calories. I never knew the calories were actually from the alcohol.

By that logic, is having a whisky close to the same calories as a beer?