View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: NBA Power Rankings, EAST.

[ QUOTE ]
Good thread, I agree with almost everything Bobba has said throughout, including the Duncan/Malone stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]
WOOOOOOOO [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

A few minor quibbles: Washington at #3. I don't buy it. Arenas is opting out of his contract this year, and you can be sure that he's going to be gunning for the scoring title. Personal incentives will override "team" incentives. Plus Thomas is out. They'll be in the playoffs but lower IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe. It's too bad Etan is out, but he's a very mediocre player. replacing a mediocre player with a sub mediocre player is not that damaging.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm a Raptors fan and watched 95% of the games last year. I am sometimes ashamed to be a Toronto fan because we have the dumbest fans in the league, bar none. Almost every player on our team had career years last year, and we outperformed our Pyth wins by 4 games. We were running good. Very good. Bargnani might not regress, but until his reaction time on defense improves 5x, he's going to continue to be a liability. Seriously, I have never seen a big man defend the pick and roll as poorly as he does.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i still think the raps will make the playoffs, tho. they DO have a good team, just not nearly as good as everyone thinks.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I'd put Chicago at the top spot. They have much more depth and will almost certainly finish with more regular season wins. Thus, an easier road down the playoffs. Even disregarding that, they would probably be my #1.

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, they will have more wins. i think that. but i think a bulls/celtics series goes C's way.