[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Make his decision easy on all streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you say this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obv. you want to put your opp. to difficult decisions in general. I think gild means "make it easy for your opponent to get all his chips in the middle."

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo

people slow play way too much in these low buy-in micros. You wanna build big pots with big hands and this is an obvious spot where a guy raised big preflop and an ace flops to bet out.

Say he has 99-kk and you check to him and he bets and you call. You just told him the strength of your hand. Not only that, but he may very well checkfold the turn on a very scary board like that to a flop call (which almost always means a monster on this board). Leading out will confuse the crap out of him, he might make a call on the flop and fold the turn, giving you the same result. You also disguise your hand very well (game theoretic-you lead out here with a flush draw, 8, A, etc. You call here he can narrow down your holdings much easier). Plus he might raise and pot commit himself with an A or a medium strength draw (KcJc).

There are so many good reasons to donk out here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this line you suggest has value in a higher buyin. In this size buyin, players are mostly just playing their cards. They make moves preflop to give them the betting impetus, but they don't really know why, just that they are supposed to raise.

If I am leading into a preflop raiser here on an A high paired board, villain will almost always chuck his hand in this level buyin. Maybe I get a flop call, but villain is definitely giving up to a second barrel. My line was in trying to induce villain to continue representing strength by making it look like I was simpling exercising pot control. My turn bet simply put, looks like a blocking bet. Obviously the 2 did not help my hand.

The other thing to realize is that villain is not giving me any more credit than I am giving him. He is thinking I am just some donk (he's right) who wants to see a cheap showdown with his 66 or whatever. By betting into villain, he can only call 2 barrels, if he actually has an ace. My line here is in an effort to get paid off by those holding an ace, but also by those that aren't holding an ace.