View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Re: AJ on BTN c/r small on turn.

Why is the fold to the c/r such an easy decision? The villain's actions really don't make a lot of sense, do they? I guess betting 1/3 of the pot on the flop and checking the turn might be a sign that he has a really strong hand and doesn't mind keeping people around, but if we're applying that level of logic here then I would expect a call on the turn instead of the CR.

I think I would have checked the turn here too to try to keep the pot small, but as played, can we really put Villain on a hand range good enough that we can't call the turn raise? The pot is 965 and its 205 to call, and we'll have position on the river of course. Given the somewhat erratic play, and assuming this is early in a small stakes MTT vs a total unknown, I have a really hard time putting my opponent on a hand, but I don't know if I have a reason yet to believe that this guy has me so crushed that I have to fold with 4.7:1 odds.

Call here, be willing to call a small bet on the river, let him have it if he makes a big bet, hope that he's weak and you can check it down. Am I crazy?