View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 03:39 AM

Default How do you hit on a professor?

So I had this entry level art history class about a year ago. The professor was about two years older than me and occasionally during class discussion we would go back and forth on interpretations etc. We talked a few times after class, joking about her job, making fun of some of the policies etc, generally got a good vibe from her.

For whatever reason I ended having to reschedule my exam. She set up an appointment at the museum where she curates for the exam. I took the exam and was given a kind of back stage tour of the museum etc. There was this really, really awkward exit where I think she kinda went to give me a hug and I did the dumb ass hand shake maneuver. Any who, I ended up moving out of state for the next year.

I’ve since moved back and just ran into her a week ago on campus after chatting a bit I got her email address and fired one off, but haven’t gotten a reply. I don’t know this whole internet/school thing. Should I resend an email? Are you allowed to see a professors outside of class, or is that frowned upon? And how do you discern if it’s not mentor/student interest?